django-simplekeys is a reusable Django app that provides a simple way to add API keys to an existing Django project, regardless of API framework.
- Token bucket rate limiting, for limiting requests/second with optional bursting behavior.
- Quota-based rate limiting (e.g. requests/day)
- Ability to configure different usage tiers, to give different users different rates/quotas.
- Ability to configure different ‘zones’ so that different API methods can have different limits. (e.g. some particularly computationally expensive queries can have a much lower limit than cheap GET queries)
- Provided views for very simple email-based API key registration.
- simplekeys requires Django 2.0 or later and Python 3.6 and later
- Getting Started
- Advanced Usage